Friday, December 10, 2004

What A Long Long "Holiday"

I AM BACK! Yes! I AM! Words cannot describe the feelings that were going through me when we hit back Singapore. Just imagine how I felt. The sense of relief and happiness. Undescribable. But what I can say is that I was SOOOOOOOOOO envious of the people that went to Perak for the society leadership trip. If it wasn't for India, I really could have gone. Melvin Tan even booked a place for me already darn it. Oh well, glad that the people enjoyed it. (*curses*) Haha!

Anyway, let me explain the India trip like how I did in a certain debrief in India. All those who were there heard this.

"It's like being served great food with really terrible service. Then made to eat the food with total anger and unhappiness."

Let me explain it simply. Fascinating place. Terrible planning. And I like totally said this directly at the "Black Ball's" face. He wanted personal views so that's what I gave. He still could act blur about it. Dumb prick. Ha! Aight aight.

So since we are not allowed to disclosed the photos and videos yet, I'm going to just some random thoughts on the trips. I'll get to the photos later. =)

Warning: A lot of inside jokes some will not understand.

Mt. Kinabalu

- Best scenery I have ever seen!

- Budget Airlines really suck

- Drivers there drive like they are in Initial D. And that was on the mountain range road!

- AirAsia stewardesses look like men!

- Kinabalu Airport was probably the smallest airport I have ever seen.

- I love the Nikon D70!

- Why can't they get water heaters that actually work?!

- Andrew really snores like a wild boar. Getting old dude!

- Andre actually doubles up as a walking stick part-time.

- Andrew's camera strangely has a lot of photos of 1 particular person. Hmmmm...

- Get more training done before ever doing stuff like this!

- Surprised I didn't get altitude sickness.

- We were f***ing lucky! For 2 reasons. 1st: The whole time we were there, it rained almost everyday except the day we climbed up to the peak! 2nd: The plane crash for an AirAsia flight at Kota Kinabalu happened about 2 days after we left. Phew!

- The guides are badass climbers. Sick dudes!

- Jason! Where are the scandalous photos of those 2?! Oooooo...

- Andrew must have really loved sharing the room with 4 girls. B***ard! Ha!

- One of the best and cheapest seafood dinners I have ever EVER had!

- Talking to a half-dead lobster which was still moving while eating it was interesting; and delicious.


- People actually brought McDonald's up the mountain. Mad.

- Someone actually "bombed" one of the shelters before we came. Actually looked "fresh". Must have been really urgent for him to do it so publicly.

- Playing yoyo on the mountain! Wohoo! Another achievement for DCS!

- You will never want to experience bathing in freezing cold water in under 10 degree temperature. Cause I did.

- Mountain food is WAYYY too expensive.

- My Timberland shoes were one really good investment. Ha!

- Andrew was as happy as a little schoolboy when he saw someone in the pool!

- I have never seen bigger lobsters in my life.

- Speedboats rides are way cool.

- NIKE! ADIDAS! BRITISH INDIA! Too bad I was dumb enough not to get any.

- Berjaya Palace Hotel. Ok place, Terrible food and service.

- Everyone sells the same thing in the handicraft market. Dumb.

- KFC! KFC! KFC! 3 days in a row! Nothing beats Malaysia KFC.

- To sum it up; Hell yea I am going to do this again.

India SIF/YEP Expedition

- 22 days in India is way TOO long!

- The kids we met in the home were a great bunch!

- No more curry for 2 months!

- I NEED BEEF!

- After so long there, Singapore and Ngee Ann really feels so alien.

- "No place like home" is a phrase that will stick with me for a long time.

- Imagine clearing your nose and seeing black "gold".

- Make sure when you tell the bus driver you want fastfood, make sure you say WESTERN fastfood.

- B.I - N.G.O!

- Andrew never stops about her... ZzZzzzzZzz

- Kali, wicked goddess of kickass destruction! I mean that in a good way.

- The Indians probably never heard of unleaded petrol.

- I am now known as Mr Rob-ert. =p

- DONKEY!

- What would we have done without poker cards.

- Don't Lifan, Kangni and Tufan look like the perfect family?

- Never seen so much cow dung and dog poo on the same street ever.

- Compared to a crowded bus in India, a crowded bus in Singapore is considered VERY spacious
- I still trying to figure out what the bus conductors are shouting.

- Traffic lights there are a totally waste of electricity, nobody uses them.

- Zebra crossings are a waste of paint, cars don't stop for it.

- Only western fastfood in India is Pizza Hut and I must say we ordered for an army when we got there.

- Indian food there is either too sweet, too sour, too bitter, too salty. Never in the middle.

- Some of us really look freaky in the morning.

- How can you spend 1 hour just to bathe and make-up just for breakfast?!?!

- Missed my songs in my laptop!

- Gary is one lame freak! Rock on dude! We must catch up again!

- Daryl = Softie

- Softie = Daryl

- The kids are really good at soccer. Far from Kampung Soccer. We lost 2 - 1 to them.

- Mosquitos!!! ARGH!!! Army of mosquitos man! EVERYWHERE!

- Imagine while eating you hear "Smack, Smack, Smack". Then a body pile of bloodsuckers on the table.

- You can actually just swing your hands around and you will surely hit a couple of them.

- Some Indians really treated us like superstars.

- If they aren't giving curious stares at you, they are waving like crazy.

- They love to have their photos taken.

- Don't ever bother to try the hot springs in India, unless you want end up being black too.

- Kangni aka Trust seems to attract Indian men wherever she goes.

- Food poisoning is never fun.

- Some of the kids can really make it for Boom Boom Room! Oooo! Xiao Hu Zi!!!

- Really miss the trishaw rides back home. S$0.20 a person! Cheap!

- Eating buffet at a 6-star hotel never felt so good. (Taj Bengal)

- "LetmetellyouthehistoryofShantiniketan"

- SQ stewardesses! Woot!

- CHA!

- Cricket is so not my sport...

- Mohini's, Mohina's, Mohika's. Doesn't matter. They all take 2 hours.

- Card games again come in very useful

- "So much mosquito coil! My room looks like Genting Highlands!" Reply: "DUDE! Your room is on fire!"

- Lost count of the number of blackouts.

- JINNAH! Where are you? Show me teeth!

- That's the most stoned pair I have ever seen.

- Madelyne! Adelyn! Jie Qiu!

- Betty & Archie!

- The amount of nicotine intake by our smokers were higher than my oxygen intake.

- Mother Theresa.

- Singaporean Nun! Reminders of home!

- Cheap Levi's.

- I still hate shopping.

- Dancing Pizza Hut Staff!

- Fireworks!!! Up close and personal!

- Now we know why the lizards in India are so huge.

- $0.20 Sprite, Pepsi

- TiTiKaoBei!

- C.K.Es!

- Lays Potato Chips!

- Walking barefoot on a busy Indian street is BAD.

- I think I stepped on something wet but I am going to pretend that did not happen.

- Missed my friends back home!

- Actually dreamt 3 nights in a row of home.

- To sum it up, India was great but I'll never go with the same group.

OkOk I think that's about what I can remember right now. Already seems quite a lot. Ha! Better stop or I'll never end and bore everyone to death.

Aite! So I guess the next post will be less words and more photos. See ya then!

Out!


5 comments:

Madelyne said...

Your hanyu pinyin seems to improve alot!!!!!

imdawntingyou said...

perak is more fun! hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

ad said...

wah lau, its seldom i do this after reading blog entries but guess what? i laughed! ahha TITIKAOBEI!

Levonne said...

Hey Don key... u can call mi an attracter.. hahahaha.. but seriously i really miss India..

imdawntingyou said...

OEI! update u )(*&!!^@^@%#@%##&^#&!&!&@&#@&